As soon as version 1.1.0 was released this site was visited by a nice spambot and I realized that there were a couple of minor bugs in the spambot detection code. Rather than waiting for some time to see if more bugs arise I decided to fix and release it asap. Those of you who are running v1.1.0, all you need to do is update the script akismet.module with the new one, which makes the upgrade path really simple. Hence version 1.1.2 is out.
- Fixed bug: Do not apply anti-spambot checks if there have already been errors detected in the form.
- Fixed bug: Do not check for empty body/mail in anti-spambot prevention code.
- Added a function to expand the SQL query used to match spambots. This is hopefully better, for debugging purposes.
Installation and upgrade instructions are provided in the file INSTALL.txt included in the package. Only the script akismet.module has been changed since version 1.1.0.